Spring in the Patch 2019 - Sunday April 28th
The annual community spring fair for the Lewes Rd, Hartington Rd, Hanover & Elm Grove areas of Brighton. We'll have the usual ingredients of live music, games, workshops, market place, food stalls and a bar.
LIVE MUSIC STAGE:
4.30 Railroad (blues band) http://railroadband.co.uk/
3.45 The Golgis (quirky entertaining music) http://www.thegolgis.com/
2.30 Rona Macgregor (singer songwriter - playing covers and originals) https://m.soundcloud.com/rona-macgregor
1.45 The Breezies - (up beat jazz)
WORKSHOPS & OTHER ACTIVITIES:
All afternoon or as timed - children(C) & adults(A)
- Games: Swing-ball, balance games and more (free)
- Tug-of-war (3:25pm)
- Pottery with Messy Nessy: Get creative on a potters wheel (£3)
- Yoga (A): 1:00 – 1:30pm Taster session (free)
DONATIONS: Although Spring in the Patch is a volunteer-run event, we still need to pay for insurance, publicity, and equipment hire (loos, staging, marquees, P.A.s , furniture), which comes to over £2,000. Donations on arrival are therefore vital and much appreciated. Suggested donation £2/person or, even better, donate a cake
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for set-up, clear-up, stewarding and to help run the Tea Tent & Bar. We'll be setting up on Saturday 27th April from 5pm to 7pm and again on Sunday 23 April from 9am (ask for Duncan - 07944 152706).
The Tea Tent/Bar & stewarding will need volunteers from Noon to 6pm (2 hour stints)
Clear-up will be on Sunday evening and Monday 29th April from 9am.
Any help much appreciated!
DONATE A CAKE: Help us raise funds for the event and for Patch improvements and make the day more tasty, by donating a homemade cake to our Tea Tent. If you can, please write a list of ingredients to be displayed with cake. THANKS!
The Friends of William Clarke Park is a not-for-profit community organisation with a mission to improve a small green space (also known as "The Patch") situated in the Hanover and Elm Grove ward of Brighton and Hove and promote it as a focus for local community life.
We are dedicated to making the space a cleaner and safer environment for all local people to enjoy and to create events to bring the community together.
We aim to:
- protect & promote the park in its role as a green space and a focus for local community life
- organise events (This year - 'Spring in the Patch' 21st April 07, 'Patchfest' 14th July 07 & 'Patch Winter Warmer' 9th Dec 07).
- improve the access, play & recreational facilities (e.g. we’re liaising with the City Council to produce a Park Development Plan. In 2005-6 we successfully campaigned for new playground equipment)
- work to protect & enhance the natural environment & wild-life habitats (our wild-life group have surveyed the wild-life, put up bird-boxes and this year are planting wild flowers & shrubs and building a pond)
- facilitate good relations between park users and the wider community (we’re building links with local residents, schools, Wellington House Day Ctr, Old Viaduct Court Residents and local businesses)
We welcome new members and have several working groups, focusing on different aspects of the above, where new members can participate. If you are interested in getting involved or being kept informed, please get in touch and we can send you a membership form.
Any donations of time, skills, money or resources are welcomed.
The Patch Is located in Hanover / Elm Grove Area of Brighton ( BN2 3AR)
Entrance to the park is from Picton street / Franklin Street or Hartington road.