It's nearly time....
Come and celebrate summer at the best little festival in the south east!
Over 100 volunteers needed - contact
/ 07775 525311
Stall enquiries -
Future Patch Events in 2014
Winter Warmer - Sunday 7th December 2 - 5pm
Our final fling in the Patch for the year
- lantern making, music, mulled wine & maybe a fire show!
About the Patch
William Clarke Park - "The Patch" - Is located in Hanover / Elm Grove Area of Brighton ( BN2 3AR)
Entrance to the park is from Picton street / Franklin Street or Hartington road.
Click here to download a map of area or check Google Maps here.
The Friends of William Clarke Park is a not-for-profit community organisation with a mission to improve a small green space (also known as 'The Patch') situated in the Hanover and Elm Grove ward of Brighton and Hove and promote it as a focus for local community life.
We are dedicated to making the space a cleaner and safer environment for all local people to enjoy and to create events to bring the community together.
We aim to:
- protect & promote the park in its role as a green space and a focus for local community life
- organise events ( 'Spring in the Patch', 'Patchfest' & 'Winter Warmer').
- improve the access, play & recreational facilities (e.g. we liaise with the City Council in Park Development Plans. In 2005-6 we successfully campaigned for new playground equipment and this year the Patch benefitted from the MyPlaySpace scheme with new play equipment and grass planting on the lower tarmac area).
- work to protect & enhance the natural environment & wild-life habitats (our wild-life group has surveyed the wild-life, put up bird-boxes, planted wild flowers & shrubs and built a wildlife pond)
- facilitate good relations between park users and the wider community (we’re building links with local residents, schools, Wellington House Day Ctr, Old Viaduct Court Residents and local businesses)
We welcome new members and have several working groups, focusing on different aspects of the above, where new members can participate. If you are interested in getting involved or being kept informed, please get in touch and we can send you a membership form.
Any donations of time, skills, money or resources are welcomed.