Spring in the Patch
Sunday 29th April 2018, 12-6pm
1.45 Jonny Uke box https://www.facebook.com/jonnyukebox/
2.45 Blue Tundu - jazz/folk
3.45 Tug of War
4.15 Swing choir https://brightonswingchoir.co.uk
4.45 Hoop dance flash mob
5.15 Bird in the Belly - 'sets the new normal for how folk is supposed to sound..' Americana uk. https://www.facebook.com/birdinthebelly/
WORKSHOPS & OTHER ACTIVITIES
All afternoon or as timed - children(C) & adults(A)
- Yoga (A): 1:30 – 2:00pm Taster session with Zoe Gallagher (free)
- Games (C&A): Swing-ball, balance games and more, with Play Tiger (free)
- Bouncy Castle (C): Bounce for spring (50p)
- Pottery (C&A): Get creative on the potter’s wheel with Messy Nessy (£3)
- Archery: Aim for the bull’s eye with Golden Lotus archery, at top end (£3)
- Fencing (C&A): at the lower playground
- Reptile zoo (C&A): Get up close to snakes, lizards and more, with Reptylers (£3)
- Nature Art Club (C): Get arty with nature. Half hour sessions (£3)
- Maypole dancing (C&A):
CHALLENGE 25: Our bar staff may ask to see proof of age ID before serving you alcohol, if you look under 25 years of age.
BIG THANKS to all the volunteers, performers, stall-holders, cake bakers and generous neighbours supplying electricity and water. Spring in the Patch would not be possible without them.
THANK YOU FOR DONATIONS: Although Spring in the Patch is a volunteer-run event, we still need to pay for insurance, publicity, and equipment hire (loos, staging, marquees, P.A.s , furniture), which all comes to over £2,000. Donations on arrival are therefore vital and much appreciated. Suggested donation £2/person or, even better, donate a cake.
Spring in the Patch, Sun 29 April
This is a report about a past Spring Event:
Spring has (al)most definitely sprung in the Patch, and we hope you’ll be coming to see the pond, plants, wildlife and other new additions at this weekend’s get together .
We’ve a range of musical talents from Soul, Acoustic to springtime Jazz.
- Studioscape youth music group performance and a singing workshop
- Craft activities for children – making bunting flags & jewellery boxes & more… (Money raised to go to Patch funds)
- Plant cuttings table – please bring your cuttings (Money raised to go to Patch funds)
- Food share table – please bring food (Money raised to go to Patch funds)
- Rounders, Boule, Badmington & other games
- Love That Stuff, ethical trade stalls
- Free sessions of acupuncture with Juliana
- Transition Town Brighton & Hove
- The Turkish Shop stall
- The Friends information stand will be there – recruiting help for PatchFest!
- Bring your own things to sell – (Small donations for Patch funds)
- Visit the pond and check out the wildlife & sit on the fabulous new railway sleeper benches!