Spring in the Patch will take place Sun 28 Apr 2019
The annual community spring fair for the Lewes Rd, Hartington Rd, Hanover & Elm Grove areas of Brighton. We'll have the usual ingredients of live music, games, workshops, market place, food stalls and a bar.
LIVE MUSIC STAGE:
4.30 Railroad (blues band) http://railroadband.co.uk/
3.45 The Golgis (quirky entertaining music) http://www.thegolgis.com/
2.30 Rona Macgregor (singer songwriter - playing covers and originals) https://m.soundcloud.com/rona-macgregor
1.45 The Breezies - (up beat jazz)
WORKSHOPS & OTHER ACTIVITIES:
All afternoon or as timed - children(C) & adults(A)
- Games: Swing-ball, balance games and more (free)
- Tug-of-war (3:25pm)
- Pottery with Messy Nessy: Get creative on a potters wheel (£3)
- Yoga (A): 1:00 – 1:30pm Taster session (free)
CHALLENGE 25: Our bar staff may ask to see proof of age ID before serving you alcohol, if you look under 25 years of age.
DONATIONS: Although Spring in the Patch is a volunteer-run event, we still need to pay for insurance, publicity, and equipment hire (loos, staging, marquees, P.A.s , furniture), which comes to over £2,000. Donations on arrival are therefore vital and much appreciated. Suggested donation £2/person or, even better, donate a cake.
ALL WECOME: Access via Hartington Rd, Franklin St & Picton St (off Franklin Rd)
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for set-up, clear-up, stewarding and to help run the Tea Tent & Bar. We'll be setting up on Saturday 27th April from 5pm to 7pm and again on Sunday 23 April from 9am (ask for Duncan - 07944 152706).
The Tea Tent/Bar & stewarding will need volunteers from Noon to 6pm (2 hour stints)
Clear-up will be on Sunday evening and Monday 29th April from 9am.
Any help much appreciated!
DONATE A CAKE: Help us raise funds for the event and for Patch improvements and make the day more tasty, by donating a homemade cake to our Tea Tent. If you can, please write a list of ingredients to be displayed with cake. THANKS!
This is a report about a past Spring Event:
Spring has (al)most definitely sprung in the Patch, and we hope you’ll be coming to see the pond, plants, wildlife and other new additions at this weekend’s get together .
We’ve a range of musical talents from Soul, Acoustic to springtime Jazz.
- Studioscape youth music group performance and a singing workshop
- Craft activities for children – making bunting flags & jewellery boxes & more… (Money raised to go to Patch funds)
- Plant cuttings table – please bring your cuttings (Money raised to go to Patch funds)
- Food share table – please bring food (Money raised to go to Patch funds)
- Rounders, Boule, Badmington & other games
- Love That Stuff, ethical trade stalls
- Free sessions of acupuncture with Juliana
- Transition Town Brighton & Hove
- The Turkish Shop stall
- The Friends information stand will be there – recruiting help for PatchFest!
- Bring your own things to sell – (Small donations for Patch funds)
- Visit the pond and check out the wildlife & sit on the fabulous new railway sleeper benches!