Our Patch Winter Warmer marks the cold & dark times with fire, lanterns & warmth.
It's usually held on a Sunday early in December
Here's a report of a typical WW event:
About 400 locals came along to join the huddle and lighten up the December darkness with lanterns, fire Poi & a camp-fire and warm themselves with mulled wine, soup & other hot drinks, and opportunities to bounce ’n’ boogy to live musical performances. Studioscape - a local youth music outfit - organised the stage with an impressive line-up of local bands. Acts included:
- Phillip Brittian and Chris Frampton (acoustic guitars and vocals)
- Studioscape Singers and Band (soul, funk, pop covers)
- Rumboogie (blues)
For more about Studioscape, visit their website: www.studioscape.co.uk
Other activities at the Winter Warmer included:
- Fireshow - the Maouri art of Poi – by Poi Passion
- Activities for kids (of all ages)
- Lantern-making & decorating (to light up the trees)
- Bouncy Castle – unfortunately this was cancelled due to forecasts of wet weather.
Food & Drink
- Tea Tent for hot drinks (including mulled apple juice) & Snacks
- Hartington Pub beer tent served mulled wine & other licensed liquid refreshment