Patch Spring Clean
Please join the Friends of the Patch for a couple of hours on Sunday March 24th to spruce up our local neighbourhood park ready for the spring and summer ahead. We'll be litter picking, pruning shrubs and creating a fence barrier around the wildflower bank.
Access via entrances on Picton Street, Franklin St & Hartington Rd.
Tools and gloves will be available, though do bring your own if you have some.
Please note , in the event of heavy rain, snow or high winds, we may need to cancel. For more info ask here or text Rich on 07421 995006
Next committee meeting Tuesday 26 March.
7.30pm Back Room
The Friends of William Clarke Park is a not-for-profit community organisation with a mission to improve a small green space (also known as "The Patch") situated in the Hanover and Elm Grove ward of Brighton and Hove and promote it as a focus for local community life.
We are dedicated to making the space a cleaner and safer environment for all local people to enjoy and to create events to bring the community together.
We aim to:
- protect & promote the park in its role as a green space and a focus for local community life
- organise events (This year - 'Spring in the Patch' 21st April 07, 'Patchfest' 14th July 07 & 'Patch Winter Warmer' 9th Dec 07).
- improve the access, play & recreational facilities (e.g. we’re liaising with the City Council to produce a Park Development Plan. In 2005-6 we successfully campaigned for new playground equipment)
- work to protect & enhance the natural environment & wild-life habitats (our wild-life group have surveyed the wild-life, put up bird-boxes and this year are planting wild flowers & shrubs and building a pond)
- facilitate good relations between park users and the wider community (we’re building links with local residents, schools, Wellington House Day Ctr, Old Viaduct Court Residents and local businesses)
We welcome new members and have several working groups, focusing on different aspects of the above, where new members can participate. If you are interested in getting involved or being kept informed, please get in touch and we can send you a membership form.
Any donations of time, skills, money or resources are welcomed.
The Patch Is located in Hanover / Elm Grove Area of Brighton ( BN2 3AR)
Entrance to the park is from Picton street / Franklin Street or Hartington road.